Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Is a weak leaking bladder normal a year after having a caesarian?

I had a caesarian 14 months a go and for the last 7 months I have started to leak when I bend over , sneeze , laugh or even sit down ! I’m 20 years old and it’s embarassing that I have to change my underwear twice a day so I have to wear pads. Also it makes me smell too so it’s awful. I feel like it’s gotten worse over time it’s not full on wetting myself but it’s leaking throughout the day. I have done Kegel excercises throughout my whole pregnancy and since now so I don’t feel like that is helping. Is this normal after childbirth ? Is it worth seeing my doctor as I don’t want to embarrass myself for no reason thanks

• kelvin

my wife got that too and it's called incontinence and they will tell you to wear a panty liner

• MissA

At 14 months it's time to see your doctor.

Which is not to say that this is something bizarre and unheard of and scary. It is not. It is very commonplace, and it's usually quite treatable for a young woman. But at 14 months you're past the point where this is normal postpartum hassle and into the stage where it's time to see the doc.

• Tavy

This is not an ebarrasement, unfortunately it can be normal after any kind of birth. You need to see your Doctor, they deal with this week in week out, so go.

Here in the U.K. we have a TV advert talking about pants for this leakage. How normal is that ?