how can i accept gay people? i really pay a lot effort to it.?

i really want to accept and understand them,i really try to do that ,but i can't ,as soon as i think about them,i physically and mentally feel uncomfortable and gross,what should i do?i don't want to hurt and discriminate them

• Tyler
    Favorite Answer

I think it's nice you're making an effort! I'm guessing you feel like this because of the way they have sex? If so that's understandable, considering it's not what you're into.

My advice is to try to not focus on the sexual aspect at all. I mean, there's no logical reason to fixate on what goes on in the bedroom between gay people if you don't automatically think about this when it comes to straight people, right? And if that's understood as a simple difference in preference and you ignore it, there's no logical reason why gay people or couples should be thought of as any different than straight ones.

But I also get this is easier said than done, considering how embedded certain homophobic prejudices/ideas can be due to certain upbringings; it'll probably take a bit of introspection and some time to overcome this. That said, I think it's already admirable you're making the effort, since a lot of people with homophobic views never really try to change.

Meet them, and spend time with them.

From what I've read here, you will never accept us simply because you focus on the unimportant aspects of our lives. That's what all bigots do.

Don't think about them. Leave them alone. Get on with your life and let them get on with theirs.

You're focusing on sex. Do you do that with everyone you meet? When your mom introduces her friends, do you think about them fu cking? When your kids bring their little friends home from school, do you picture them handling each other's privates? How about when you go to the store and some clerk is assisting you? Do you imagine her or him naked and entangled with someone else?

NO - I'll bet you don't. Yet that is what you do when you are told someone is homosexual. You can't see them without thinking about it. You should realize that this problem is happening inside your own head. It's not a problem with the homosexual him/herself. It's YOU. Other people do not have this problem - they can see homosexuals without feeling compelled to imagine them having sex.

Human beings are about a lot more than the sex that they engage in. MUCH, MUCH more. But you are reducing these people to that, and only that. You don't need advice regarding what's acceptable about gay people - you need advice about overcoming this fixation on objectifying certain people. Certainly, a qualified, professional counselor could help you with this.

• iammclane

You aren't involved in their fu cking, so there's no need for you to feel anything about it one way or the other. And you don't worry about whether you find anybody else's sexual practices icky - like the fact that your minister and his wife might like pissing on each other.

• Cogito

By remembering that they're just ordinary people - the same as you and me. The only difference is who they are sexually attracted to. And that doesn't concern you in the slightest.

They have homes, jobs, friends, hobbies, loves and hates, wishes, families - all the usual things.

And if it's the sex part that bothers you, just remind yourself that they don't do anything that straight couples don't do.

The only reason anyone has a problem with homosexuality is because people have been brainwashed by the Bible. And if you think about it, what does it matter what an ancient book of legends says?

• Dou5 months agoReport

are they really "ordinary"?i think they a little abnormal and pervert.

U CAN BE FRIENDLY WITHOUT CONDONING what they do...

• Tyler

Why don't you try it sometime then, Fireball.