Do you think punishment has to be very unpleasant to be effective ?

the reason I ask is my parents have changed tactics with their punishments, before when I misbehaved I was grounded for a day no tv etc, this didn't really bother me or deter me from bad behaviour, I would come home late, sneak out when grounded etc, last weekend my parents said they were going to punish me more harshly, they LITERALLY locked me in my bedroom with nothing but homework and school books, I was escorted to and from the bathroom and my bedroom door remand LOCKED at ALL times , my parents said sometimes harsh punishment is the only way to stop poor behaviour.

I must admit I HATED it I normally sneak out when grounded but couldn't because I was locked up, I always go out at weekends but couldn't, I don't like this punishment and I don't want to be punished again, does this mean harsh punishment works ?

Favorite Answer

You should have made it look like the weaker punishments were harsh ... but it seems like you made a point to them, that you need something more challenging in order for punishment to be effective. Have you ever watched the movie Tom & Huck with Jonathan Taylor Thomas? See how he handles punishment.

You again? Same story, different day. How many times are you going to repeat this story before you realize that you are a horrible excuse for a troll.

You are not a parent

FOr a punishment to work , it has to be effective. Spanking and smacking has always been proven to the most effective punishment. Taking things away doesn't work since they wil either get it back or it will be replaced, grounding does nothing, time outs do nothing.

All kids need a smacking

While I think their method of discipline was a bit harsh, I can't blame them for choosing to go with more severe methods! You continued to defy them and break their trust, and it's clear you weren't choosing to understand where you went wrong, and even now you are still blaming them for YOUR poor choices.

Its time to grow up here!

• edward

My bedroom is full of fun gadgets from when i was younger. My parents could’ve locked me up, if i didn’t already spend most of my time in my room ok the computer or at my desk with homework, there was nothing my parents could’ve done to me at that point of my life that wouldn’t include pain to discipline me

• edward

How are you supposed to write a paper on something you don’t know about? Encyclopedias can be good material but they’re phucking expensive

Are you the parent?

• Like999Iblis

Different parenting styles. Luck of the draw. All it takes is one call and child protective services can rip a child from its mother willingly or unwillingly of the child or parent. False claims need to be investigated too.