Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 5 months ago

Is it normal that my teenage daughter has been in bed for the past 3 days?

I always fear when my daughters lay in bed for long periods of time.When I was young I was the exact same way because I was depressed and it’s my biggest fear for that to happen to my daughters.I usually go out with them or take them shopping but I did remake their room so could it be that they’re soaking in it?It does look beautiful so I hope they just love it maybe ?

Times have changed. She might be on social networks... texting boyfriends doesn't need a land line. Borrowing a friends phone... unless she's certified sick or ill by a doctor. Or she's so depressed you need to get her evaluated. And these days the people who receive social security can barely fail a small sized town.

• PR

You probably would know if your daughter has been less cheerful or less talkative than normal, lately. If you have already seen some signs of depression, then talk with her about this. Let her know you understand if she has things bothering her and you can talk with her about it.

You even might try taking her to the mall or to lunch, so you have an easier time speaking to her.

Don't put off talking to her.

Begin some open dialog an let her know that you can help her by talking, or she could go either to her own doctor or to someone else for a bit of counselling, if it help. If she knows you have experienced things like this, she may be more likely to open up to you.

• Moya

Just ask her if she is ok

Its common for teenagers to do that

You seem like the best mom ever but yes it’s normal plus they are teenagers they want privacy and scrolling through their phone chatting with friends in their new beautiful room . I wasn’t a teenager too long ago but it’s also summer & I would love to lay in a bed for days especially since school isn’t around