Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Why is my husband say these things?

My husband and I had to do ivf. We have a son now. Though my husband has said before that he wishes he was a real man and made his baby instead of in an office. I know he loves our son but that still kind of bugs me.

• i + i

My guess is that he is saying these

things because he is not happy with

how things turned out. Why else? I've

a feeling there is much more to this

story, since you keep posting about

it OVER AND OVER, removing or

adding details each time. Is there

some specific answer that you're

fishing for?

• Ana

Do you give him regular sex at least? If you start, he might stop these dramatics

• Janet

You have a choice as to whether or not this bugs you. And allowing it TO bug you doesn't make you happy, does it?

Your husband is plagued with feelings of inadequacy. Doubtless acquired during childhood, generally kept hidden even from his own awareness, but now it has found a nest to rest in ... IVF gives a "plausible" excuse for why he feels inadequate.

Most men will not look at their emotions and heal them. I doubt if he would want to go talk to a therapist. Men tend to just stuff their emotions under a lid and then sit on it to try to keep in held in.

He loves your son. He loves you. It is himself he isn't so sure about, and there is nothing you can do about that. Self-approval depends on what we have previously fed into our subconscious and only through deliberately changing our self-statements can we slowly change our attitude about ourselves. And no one else can do it for us, although a therapist CAN teach us HOW to do it.