Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 months ago

Answers won't post a question if I put anything in the "Details" box, just says there was an error and to try again later. Why?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I had the same problem till another poster told me to shorten the "details" and just add updates to get it all in there. It worked!

Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you are on a mobile device make sure your browser is in desktop mode. No percent symbol, and skip trying to add images and URLs too (you can add them as updates if needed).

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Are you using any % Signs in your Question ? If so you have to Remove it and Spell it out Yahoo wont take Percent Signs Common Reason why it does not go through

Make sure also you are Witthin the Character Limit if your Question is to Long you may need to Shorten it to get it to Post

• 5 months ago

A question will not post if you have the percentage symbol in either the question or in the details. You must spell out percent(age) for a question to post. Your ask a question can not be longer than 140 characters while details can not be more than 2,500 on a computer or 1500 characters on a smartphone. After listing your details then you submit your question.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You have to use the details box BEFORE you Submit the question. IF there is % symbol in or made than a 140 character SPACES in the question header, the question will NOT post because the question header is too long. Percent or percentage has to be spelled out. This is 6 year old Yahoo programming glitch that Verizon still has not fixed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.