I need legal advice. Lived with a man for 17 years. He takes the keys so I can't work. He's abusive, verbally. I need out.?

He refuses to give me money to get out and won't let me go on job interviews. I'm 60 and need a normal life. What can I do, if anything. The yelling and throwing things is out of control. I can no longer even wear what I want. I'm in Texas.
6 answers 6