Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 5 months ago

Is this rushing into engagement way too fast ?

7 months of dating . She’s 31 and he’s 38. They both want a child after marriage. He claims to love her and so does she .

She’s already looking at engagement rings after he mentioned that he wanted to marry her in the future . He also asked for her ring size .

Favorite Answer

Not really. They're not kids and I assume they've had past relationships so they should have a good idea of what they want.

I married my hubby 22 years ago after knowing him 6 months. Still together, still in love.

Too fast for whom? If both the parties are happy then no one else has any say.

To know someone for just 28 Sundays, to me, is not enough time to make a 50 year commitment with a marriage.

Seeing how 50% of marriages fail, I would certainly want to really get to know a person. I meet people all of the time and as time goes on, people end up letting their guard down and you get to know them better and better, in time. That is the advantage of time.

If people decide they want to spend the next 50 years together, then what is the rush to get married if you are going to commit your lives together anyway? If you truly are in love, then that love will last another year, right?

Those who rush into marriage, to me, do it with a touch of insecurities while the going is good and their partner does not know who they really are or they would not marry. So, rush to the alter they go. Mind you, not in all cases, but really, to marry someone after only dating for 210 DAYS in the promise to spend the next 18,250 days (fifty years) together. You do see how imbalanced this is, right?

It's entirely up to them - they probably know at this stage what they want from life

• Tepee

I married my wife exactly 7 months after meeting her. That was 53 years ago on our way to forever together.

If it's not your relationship what do you care ?

People need to make their own life decisions. I can't give advice, it's not my relationship and i have no idea about how they get along, whether they are emotionally close, if they are accepting of each other etc.

IMO seven months is long enough to know you're interested in marrying someone, but it's not long enough to agree to marry.

I personally wouldn't feel "sure" about marriage after seven months even if I was sure I wanted the relationship to progress to marriage. There is a difference.

If you're sure she is the one you should marry, I'm curious as to why you're asking the question. Maybe you aren't as sure as you think you are?

Yes. Her body clock is ticking and she wants babies no matter what. 7 months isn't long enough to choose a life-partner (in general) and she's going for the first guy who shows an interest.

• Chris5 months agoReport

Um...I want to marry her and I want a child . So I’m moving too fast with her ?

I got engaged at 8 months. But were broken.up . Take my expirience as a grain of salt (:

• Chris5 months agoReport

Ciara got married after 6 months and still married. I think everyone’s situation varies. My question is , is this too fast ?