Salary negotiation. What should I ask?

I'm looking to get into the casework job field. I applied for both the caseworker (I matched the education requirements, no experience was necessary) and the casework aide job.

I was contacted to interview for the casework aide job, where the minimum qualification is a high school diploma, with an associate's degree being preferred. The salary is $22,995 to $29,163 annually but will commensurate with relevant degree and experience. The caseworker job pays close to double this salary.

With two year's experience in this job field, as well as a bachelor's degree, would it be acceptable to negotiate for a higher salary?

Favorite Answer

They are not going to pay you above the pay range for the job I don't believe. Since you appear overqualified, a salary at the midpoint to high end seems reasonable.

They can't just pay you $40,000 because you want it.

Most jobs, you wont get over the midpoint to start no matter how qualified or experienced you are.

• Joseph

Always ask for a bit more than what you really want

• Katie

When applying for jobs I always ask for £1000 more than what I got in my last job.

.................

2 Timothy 3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

• Judy

Higher than the max of the range? No, won't happen. You could try to negotiate for the caseworker job.

If this is your first job in this position, you could try but probably would not get much more than the lower amount. In larger companies, the salary range they give is based on years of actual work experience whether with them or elsewhere. You would need to justify your request.

No it would not! It's just like the Nurses aide and RN salaries...the degrees and experience matter. Why if you have the education would you apply for the aide position?

• Triangle5 months agoReport

ME TOO. FEELS LIKE NOBODY VALUES MY EDUCATION. I HAD THE EXPERIENCE IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY. HERE YOU SUPPOSE TO START FROM THE ENTRY LEVEL AND WORK YOUR WAY THROUGH. GET PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU :) THIS IS THE REALITY....