Miki asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 5 months ago

Inappropriate to message former teacher on Facebook?

I want to message my former kinder teacher, and I am currently a senior in college. I do not have her email address, and she does not have any email that is posted to the public. I really would like to message and thank her for everything she has done for me and my sisters (all three of us have had her).

No - I have messaged a former teacher before telling him he was my favourite!! I think he was quite flattered.

But like others have said:- a card or letter would be more heartfelt and yes teachers do miss some of their students like students probably miss some of their teachers.

If we are in the 1040's sure send a letter. Nothing creepy about that 'hey I know your address!'

Just sent her an email or facebook message. A lot of teachers miss their students and would love to hear from them.

Send her a nice card in the mail. You know how to do that, right? Buy a card, write a nice message, put it in the envelope, write her name and the name and address of the school on it, buy a stamp and put it in the post office outgoing mail box. Believe me, she'll value that a lot more than a Facebook message.

• Elaine

Send a letter to her school.