Is a 3 yr old still considered a baby? I have a 3 yr old son who my parents baby?

He turned 3 in early may and we're living w/ my parents while I'm going through my divorce. I also work w/ 3 year olds through out the year and for the summer and only a few of them are as babied as he is and most teachers want them to be independent and a few will baby them. My parents refuse to let me... show more He turned 3 in early may and we're living w/ my parents while I'm going through my divorce. I also work w/ 3 year olds through out the year and for the summer and only a few of them are as babied as he is and most teachers want them to be independent and a few will baby them. My parents refuse to let me discipline MY son for continuing to scream in their house. They say "don't you do that to that baby (or my mom will call him her baby)". We get into arguments and I tell them he's a toddler now and if you don't discipline him he's not going to learn and when my bro and I were that age we didn't act like that. My brother even considers him a baby as much as he doesn't like to baby children he treats him like a baby. I know he's not 5, but he's not in a crib or using a bottle anymore or eating baby food out the jar, so to me he's a toddler. What age do you consider a child not a baby anymore?