Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 5 months ago

Do teachers get mad when paragraphs are too wordy?

Yes they do do that when you use too many words like that and it's because they don't like a whole lot of words in their sentences because then it's too annoying for them when you use too many words in your sentences like that and then you'll probably for sure receive an F because you used too many words like that when you probably could've simply just summed it all up in one word or a handful of words instead of using so many words in your sentences like that and being such a terrible person like that. It makes things difficult to read like that when you use too many words in your sentences like that you know when you definitely could've drastically reduced the amount of words in your sentences instead of using all those unnecessary words like that then forcing the teacher to wade through a sea of word turds like that this often likely occurs when the teacher imposes a 1000 character limit or some other kind of page limit like that and then a student is just using filler words to make their paper seem a lot longer than it really is because then they couldn't think of anything else to say for a minute don'tcha know.

Unlike Yahoo which gets mad when there aren't at least 15 characters.

Source(s): Do you want me to be too wordy or not wordy enough?? Make up your damn minds.

You already know or you wouldn't ask.

I don't know about "mad" - if anything, I'd imagine that they are disappointed when they are trying to teach their students to be effective communicators and it falls on deaf ears.

'Mad'? No, why? Only if they've asked you repeatedly not to be so 'wordy' and you haven't paid any attention.

• Kate

They are trying to help you and teach you the right way to write. A good paragraph should not exceed 8-10 lines.

That depends, if they give a maximum amount of words or pages and you go over then yes. If it is too wordy, then they might comment and not give as high of a grade but they wouldn't be mad.

Only very stupid teachers. Make sure to make them clear though. A professor told me I wrote "long serpentine sentences" and that made me angry at the time but now I find it very helpful to remember he said that because it reminds me not to do that in my career as a writer.

• In

The teachers are trying to get you to write with clarity and brevity. Excess wording can be confusing and unnecessary.

• Elaine

It depends on the content in the paragraph. The major C's in paragraphing are: Coherence, Cohesion, Clarity, Comprehensibility.

sorne rnight, it depends on the teacher