Hailee asked in TravelAir Travel · 5 months ago

Flight Confusion?

I m a first time flyer, and a little confused.

I booked through cheapOair, and in the email, it doesn t say what terminal or gate the flight will be at.

I m flying out on July 27th.

I wanna make sure I get it right. Thank you in advance!

• Betty

They should have told you the terminal on your confirmation.The gate number won't be known until the day.I suggest you check with the airline as to what terminal you need to go to.

• DEBS

That information will be available as the flight gets closer. Even then, it can change even within 24 hours of departure. Use your record locator provided with your confirmation to check the info on the airline site starting a couple days prior. Always check again even after you've checked in and are at the airport. It *should* be stable 24 hours before, but there are times when it changes.

• bluebellbkk

Iit can change even after you arrive at the airport!

there should be a terminal reference in the confirmation, ust be sure to read the details carefully, often they say flight no. airport terminal, some airports have numbered terminals other letters, some are called domestic or international. when you go to check-in online, which is by far the easiest option, your boarding pass will show the terminal. gate numbers are assigned on the day, boards at the airport show where flights are departing from 2-3 hours before departure.

You don't need to know the gate until you're actually at the airport, checked in and through the security check. Indeed, the gate may change at any time, so it would be senseless to put it on your confirmation email.

As for the terminal, perhaps the airport you're flying from has only one terminal? Or maybe they assume that as you drive into the airport you'll simply follow the signs to Departures for the airline you're flying with.

Again, there is no need to know ahead of your arrival at the airport.

You'll need to check in online 24 hours before your flight leaves. At that point you should be able to get the gate assignment. They do change, though - it's helpful to check the boards at the airport when you get there, or to install the airline's app, which should notify you of gate changes. I had a flight last summer out of O'Hare that had 7-8 gate changes. It was crazy.

Terminals and gates are not assigned to flights until within 24 hours of the departure time...or thereabouts. So check your flight out on or about 26 July.

Better yet, load a flight tracker app on your mobile phone so you can track your flight yourself. There are all kinds of flight tracker apps, but I've been using

Flight Tracker | KAYAK

https://www.kayak.com/tracker

For years. And I'm a seasoned flier.

• Clive

Maybe the airport has only one terminal? Then you don't need to know. And you can forget about gates for now - you can find that out when you get there.

Wouldn't that depend on where they can roll the plane up when it gets there? It should be listed on the "Departures" board when it gets there. Someone can tell you when you get to the airport too.

Pull up a map of the airport; it will list what airlines use what terminals The gate will be assigned when you drop off your luggage / print your boarding pass.

• Murzy

you can always call the airline