Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 5 months ago

What should i wear to my bridal shower?

I had 3 people ruin a surprise bridal shower for me although my mom who is planning the party doesnt know that. All she came up with was an idea for a work event for her job that i got invited too.

Anyways what should I wear to my own bridal shower? I was planning on getting a haircut early in the morning at the mall and maybe picking up a new outfit. My mom told me we dont have to be at this “work event” until 3:30pm so i have the morning or basically until 1pm free.

Please no dumb answers like “wear clothes” :/

If it's supposed to be a surprise I wouldn't dress up too much.. they will know you knew.

• Ocimom

You don't have to dress up for a shower. Wear something comfortable. Get your haircut and then wear what you would if you were just going shopping (top and pants, or a summer dress). Nothing fancy.

And if its a surprise and you are all "dressed" up - then its not a surprise is it?

If this is a daytime summer event you might go for a sundress or something in a casual but stylish linen pants and top. Obviously you're going to want to "wear clothes". ;-)

Wear a nice spring dress pastels.

• drip

I would think sooner or later your mom is going to know you found out. If not now at the shower itself. You had three people blow the surprise, they will probably let that slip at the shower.

Tell your mom, then go shopping for a new dress together

We didn't need all that info about people ruining the surprise. It has nothing to do with your question.

Wear whatever is appropriate for the office function your mother is inviting you to.

What would you normally wear for a business event. Wear that. Don't wear a new outfit, or even get a haircut, It could be a clue to your mom that you know about the surprise bridal shower.

i would just wear whatever you want

• Mark

When is it going to be (at what time of year)? Is it outdoors or indoors?

• Mark

Then a light summer dress, which will be good even indoors (and who knows? You might go outdoors at some point and it will be fine there as well.)

whatever you want to wear