Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 5 months ago

can i bring my cleanser on the plane?

i have a facial cleanser that isn’t liquid (kinda a scrub/paste) but is 3.5 oz. can i bring it on the plane? here’s the product: http0c96SyzHrvlMzAfkhd29UFsSgaAn2UEALw_wcBps://www.lushusa.com/face/cleansers/herbalism/06940.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1MXpBRDjARIsAHtdN-22_7TcS84aYFQZmwTHDRffxbGr_

it’s lush so i don’t wanna risk them throwing it away!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

You need to put it in your packed luggage, not your hand luggage

• RICK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I fly internationally 2 -3 times a year

No TSA agent o anyone else at a US airport has ever looked at the size if individual containers, as long as it fits in the proper size ziplock I've never had a problem? That being said it is technically against thee rules so just buy a 100ml travel bottle and transfer thee contents

• 5 months ago

Transfer most of it into a smaller container - you can buy 100 ml travel containers at any pharmacy.

• MS
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That would be considered a liquid/gel item and 3.5oz is over the allowed amount in a carry-on bag, so it would not be allowed through. You would need to transfer your product to a smaller container or pack it in a checked bag.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

The rule about nothing bigger than 3.4 oz(or 100 ml) in carry on luggage applies to 'liquids, creams, and gels'. If you can pour it or pick it up in a spoon, the rule applies to it.

• 5 months ago

You can carry it inside a plastic zip lock bag. All good.

• Neil
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

3.5 oz is over the limit. You might be able to get by with it, but there’s a risk.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If you don't want to risk them throwing it away, don't take it with you.

Seriously.

• 5 months ago

Your link is incomplete.

Just put the stuff in your check-in bag, no problem.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.