Travis asked in TravelAir Travel · 5 months ago

I real scared of flying and turbulence what kind I do to calm my nerves?

I'm going to have to get on a plane with my family in a couple of weeks and flying really scares me and it makes it worse when I think of turbulence even though I know it cant take a plane down it still scares me just about every little thing scares me when flying. But is there anything I can do to help me calm my nerves before I get on the plane?

• Clive

Nothing really. Just know it's all normal and if the flight attendants aren't panicking, there's no reason why you should either. And fear of flying is normal too as thousands of feet up isn't a normal place for a human being to be.

Knock back a few jacks at the airport bar

• drip

Go to your medical doctor and get something you can take before the flight to calm your nerves.

New thing you can do on board is watch a movie. Download a movie or shows you really like and want to watch and save them for your flight. Get good earphones to block out engine and in cabin noises. Take this time to plan out and download what you want to watch. Focus on what to pack.