I dreamed about a fox attacking my cats so I tried to kill it but it wouldn’t die.?

I’m about to start a new job. I had the job interview today and got the job. Last night, I dreamed about a red fox. It was really beautiful, this encounter happened in my childhood backyard. The fox started to bite my 2 cats. The biting was really vivid and I tried to scare the fox away but he wouldn’t go and so I picked up a shovel and started hitting the fox over the head but it wouldn’t die. I felt so bad that I was trying to kill the fox but I was scared of it. What could this dream mean? I’ve been feeling really uneasy about this dream all day.

I think the dream means your romantic relationship is built around sexual desire and not causal spiritual factors and the only way to get the emotional intimacy you want is to end things and find somebody else.

The fox represents your fear. You knew you had an upcoming interview to get a new job. But who isn't afraid of that type of interview? You wanted to "kill it" or do well in the job interview. In the end we know you made the grade and got the job. But the night before, it was something you did not know! Instead you knew you would have to fight for the job you wanted, and so your dream saw a fox trying to overpower the cats. In the end the fox won, as you got the job. The fox symbolized you, a fighter and a winner!