My freind has been demoted at work and Ive been promoted, how can I gradually end the friendship without it being painful and obvious?

I work for a high end public relations company and consequently, the image the staff presents to the client is very important. Becauae of this, all female staff are required to have their weight recorded every month. If someone gains weight two months in a row, they get a warning. If they put on weight three... show more I work for a high end public relations company and consequently, the image the staff presents to the client is very important. Becauae of this, all female staff are required to have their weight recorded every month. If someone gains weight two months in a row, they get a warning. If they put on weight three months in a row, they get demoted to photocopying or the mail room.

Anyway my freind at work has had a painful split with her boyfriend which has resulted in her binging on lots of comfort food and she has put on 3 stone. Despite me warning her, she continued to eat and eat and now shes been demoted to the mail room where no clients will see how fat shes become.

On the other hand, ive been living very healthy and have lost lots of weight and have been promoted and now have a corner office with a gorgeous view. When my friend comes to see me, i worry that shes secretly jealous of my corner office and all of the lithe attractive people hanging around the water cooler. How can I end the friendship?