Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 5 months ago

Exposed to HIV, lower risk?

Long story short, had sex with a woman, she called me the next day to 'talk' cried and told me I should get checked up because she has it. Now.. I am white, not black so I know the chances for me are lower because I don't have the african genes. But what are the chances, and should i get checked up?

• mokrie

Your chances are the same no matter what race you are. Get checked. And you will have to check over and over because it sometimes will not show up for many months. Ask the doctor. If this woman knew she had it she can be charged. Some states it's attempted murder.

• I would get tested. You don't know if she had it when she had sex with you.

HIV doesn't care what your skin color is.

Of course you should get checked up, what kind of dumb question is that?

Better to check up

Wtf, she has sex with you and tells you the next day she's HIV positive? Yeah, get checked - she might be telling the truth and you can get it from one encounter. Being white doesn't lower you chances of getting it.