Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesOther - Car Makes · 5 months ago

2008 nissan murano, or 2008 toyota prius?

which is better?

The two vehicles are at the opposite ends of the usage spectrum. It's a matter of personal preference for the type of vehicle you want, and how you're going to use it. The Prius is inexpensive to operate, but it's only a people-mover.

• John

Too different to compare

As a car guy, I hate myself for saying this, but the Prius is leaps and bounds more reliable. The Prius can give you 200K + miles without any issues. It's well known for doing that. That hybrid battery could be of concern at 11 years, but I've seen some go in excess of 15 years before needing replacing. If it needs replacing, it's expensive, but once replaced, you have another 10+ years to go. The gas engines are very reliable as well a the hybrid system is as well. The Murano has electrical issues and don't get me started on the CVT. You'll be lucky to even get 100K miles before having issues.

• F

Doesn't a Prius have CVT too?

If you want a medium sized SUV with dodgy CVT transmission get the Nissan. If you want a want a dull little hybrid that screams self-righteous virtue signalling greeny liberal, get the Prius