Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 5 months ago

ok so my mother said it takes two people to argue but thats not true shes just dumb?

an argument is when two people disagree and then try to explain there case to each other to come to an outcome of either agreeing or still disagreeing and continuing to try to explain to each other with out ever coming to an agreement.

but if only one person is trying to explain there disagreement its still an argument even if there is no one disagreeing

Update:

answer the question or don't say anything dummy

Update 2:

hey mark learn to use yahoo answers correctly

Update 3:

sorry if you have trouble reading should maybe get your brain looked at

4 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I like that you are arguing with the people who are answering the question about needing two people to have an argument. That is a mighty fine bit of trolling.

• 5 months ago

I think what she means is you cannot argue if there is no one else there to disagree with you. You need at least one more person

• 5 months ago

"answer the question or don't say anything dummy" - putting a question mark after a statement does not make it a question. You never asked a question.

"sorry if you have trouble reading should maybe get your brain looked at" - people have trouble reading when you don't uses sentence, punctuation, capitalization, correct word usage, etc. If you want people to understand, try learning to write.

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

If she is dumb, she certainly made a dumb baby.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

THEIR disagreement!

It's not an argument unless there are two or more people taking part. An explanation by one person is not an argument.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.