Anonymous

I got fired from my job because my mom forgot to wake me up?

I'm 16 and just got my first job. I got scheduled an 8 am shift. I don't have a phone and we don't have an alarm clock. My mom has a phone and she promised that she would set the alarm to 6 am but she forgot. After I explained that to my manager, he didn't take me seriously and now I got fired. Is there any way to get my job back?

75 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Not to sound harsh but you’re 16 now and have a job. Having a job requires responsibility and you cannot rely on your mom to wake you up because outside of high school your mom isn’t always going to be there. I’m sorry this happened. I encourage you to find a new job and buy yourself an alarm clock. You can find a decent one for around $15. And once you get another job save up for a phone and learn from this. Everything happens for a reason.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You deserved to be fired, you were irresponsible.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You are responsible for yourself. Learn from this. Ask for your job back, maybe you replacement won't work out.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Lesson learned. You are young. Move on

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

It's your responsibility to make sure you get up for work

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

• 5 months ago

YOUR MOM? You have a job, YOU should have taken responsibility to wake yourself up and get ready and leave for work YOURSELF. Asking "mom" is called irresponsible.

• 5 months ago

I’m sorry that happened to you. Maybe you could speak to the owner if it’s a private business or somebody in Human Resources or the corporate office if it’s a chain store situation, etc. Maybe just try to talk to your boss again, to begin with. I am also sorry some of the people here are acting like they never made a mistake in their life. That’s really disgusting. Some people don’t have alarm or phones And might ask a family member to wake them up. It’s not a moral failing. When you come on yahoo answers you can always expect a certain amount of responses like the ones I hear some people giving you here. Like these people have never made a mistake. Like they’re infallible and all-powerful. Where do these people come from? I also think your boss should’ve given you the benefit of the doubt and another chance. That’s not right either. I hope you Can resolve it one way or another. I know it’s hard to find jobs.

• 5 months ago

If you cannot get up for an 8am shift on your own, you don't deserve the job. I'm serious about this.

• 5 months ago

Babies that can't even wake up by themselves are not ready for working

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.