Ontol
Ontol asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

How to remain calm when dealing with racism?

I am confident I'm not racist, although I also have to deal with these allegations. It triggers me much more these days racism seems to be everywhere. Any tips?

• falcon

You can't really maybe you will for awhile this will make you have health issues sooner or later .You will react ....

we live in a sick society.

just ignore the people who are being racist, if the problem persists then tell the authorities about it

Watch the slightly old movie “ Monster’s Ball”. The one with Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thorton.

Put on your best TV add ignoring hat and

deflect any racism and refuse to buy into

It thanks.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge

• Dv8s

Realize that racism comes from insecure, uneducated people, why would anyone care about what some backassward dip shlt's opinion is, especially about race. You, letting them get to you, is exactly what they want, don't give them that benefit of satisfaction.

I judge individuals by the content of their character, but if they happen to be of another race and horrible people, the default assumption is racism. That's the problem with society. Bad behavior is accepted by the individual on the basis of race which perpetuates stereotypes because the behavior is not curtailed.

It is a relentless attack on everybody else to have this racism agenda and accuse everybody all the time. It does plss everyone off. If they didn't want us to particularly notice them and resent them, then they're working directly backwards at achieving their goal.

All I can say is just love.

Love conquers all. Me and my boyfriend are in an interracial relationship in Madison Mississippi, I am mixed race he is white. You can imagine the racist remarks, looks and even sometimes physical

Altercations that happen all because of our slight skin color difference. It’s a sad reality, but I do not let it harden my heart. Hatred stems from not understanding something. Even in the face of severe racism I can honestly say I whole heartedly love all people and things. I feel severe empathy,

Compassion and understanding for those poor souls with hatred rooted in their hearts. Racism most of the time stems from fear along with misunderstanding.

If you feed into racism and lash out with hatred.. how are you better than that same racist?

• Marla

Yes. Keep in mind that a lot of the racial talk we hear about recently is stoked by the media.

Everything is being given a racial tone. The more attention people pay to "racial" issues, the worse they get.

It's like what would happen if the media was unnecessarily talking about some contagious disease and magnifying it. People will start distrusting others and coming up with barriers.

• Realize that naturally were not racist