Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 5 months ago

will amazon replace my item if it was stolen or lost couple days after getting the item?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Certainly. You simply fill out a new order, make the necessary payment, and your replacement will be on its way shortly. If you want someone else to PAY for it, that's a different question. For instance, anything I buy with an AMEX Gold card is "insured" for some period against loss or theft, whether or not my homeowner's insurance is willing to pay.

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You got the item so Amazon fulfilled their obligation. They are not liable if you are an irresponsible idiot.

• 5 months ago

Sure. They'll also replace food after you've already eaten it...just return the empty bag in the pre-paid shipping container...

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

why should they?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Of course not. You are responsible for your own belongings.

• Ramona
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

"a couple of days after getting the item"? Does this mean that you eventually received the items after thinking they were lost or stolen or do you mean it's only been a few days after purchasing the item yest you have not received it yet?

If it's now passed the expected due date for your item (you are given a time when it will be delivered) then contact Amazon and explain that your package has not arrived. They will investigate for you. A part of the investigation is to contact the third-party seller (if there was one) and the third party will contact the delivery company to see what's going on or Amazon will contact their own delivery people to see what is going on.

If they find that the package was sent out, that it is now passed the delivery date, and you have not received it, they will either easily resolve your matter by tracking it and give you a new date for delivery or if they can't find it, they will send out a new one.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

"After you received it" then it was lost or stolen? NO. If it was stolen report it to the police. If it was lost - too bad.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.