Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 4 months ago

Don’t want high school to end ;(?

I’m entering 12th grade this year and I’m really sad about it. I’ve been going to the same private school since kindergarten and I’m just so sad to leave high school once in for all. I can’t imagine life without high school and seeing my class every day. I’ve been with these people since 2007 and it’s really sad thinking about life without all of them. Yes, I’ll be in touch with my best friends, but I’ll miss the whole class being together. I really don’t wanna go to college and leave my high school and literally want to cry. I know college will be a new chapter in my life and I don’t know if I’m ready for it. It’s summer and I’m really dreading about the fact that this is my LAST year and to be honest, I’m really scared and I feel like crying. Anyone else felt like this when they’re going to graduate? It’s a horrible and scary feeling. ;(

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Best answer

I totally understand what you're feeling right now because I have been in the same situation as you a couple of years ago. Although, it is totally fine to feel scared, anxious or not ready for what's coming for you in the future because you don't wanna end what has been going on for so many years, you should definitely welcome this change as part of life. You don't want school to end because you've gotten used to it, comfortable with it, but everything comes to an end one day or the other. It's not like you're not gonna have fun in college, in fact, for me college has been more fun than school ever was.

Maybe you should talk to your close friends about how you're feeling because chances are they're going through the same thing as you. So it will make it easier for you to cope with it. I'm sure you'll do great in future. All the best!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I feel the same way. It really is the best.

• 4 months ago

I know exactly what you are going through, because I graduated high school last month, and am now beginning college in the fall. I had the same feelings as you when I was going into my senior year of high school; not wanting it all to end, because you are having the best time of your life. If your like me, you are probably sad about having to leave some teachers as well? I will be honest. Once you graduate you have a lot of emotions and mixed feelings- I was excited, confused, scared, and sad. But the feeling is slowly going away, the sooner I get to university, because you realize that the next chapter in your life will be just as great...or even better! My advice to you is to work very hard this final year of high school, have fun moments with your friends, take lots of pictures, and apply to the colleges of your dreams! Because trust me, the year will go buy fast, so make the most of it! Senior year was my favorite year of high school, you are going to have lots of great memories once you finally graduate, and walk across that stage. If you are ever feeling very sad about this to the point where you can not handle it, talk to a close friend who is PROBABLY going through the same thing as you, or do you have a school counselor that you are close with? Remember high school was not meant to last forever. So have lots of fun this year, and all the best to you!! Feel free to contact me, if you have further questions or concerns :)

• 4 months ago

It has for me. yay. college NOW.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

A lot of those relationships will naturally fizzle out when people go their separate ways anyway. You'll make new friends in college but that doesn't mean you can't maintain your friendships with your high school buddies.

• 4 months ago

Maybe you should join a sorority, fraternity or other club to meet students with similar interests.

• 4 months ago

You are too sentimental, dear.You are lucky that you had a nice time in your school unlike many others..Fearing the future is not good for your mind and you should face realities of college life courageously and with an even mind.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.