Very bad behaviour in my classes?

So I’m a teacher in a uk high school, and the behaviour in my classes is completely unacceptable. I’ve always been given the badly behaved students in the past as I am a strict teacher and can usually deal with behavioural issues. However the constant misbehaviour in almost every lesson is getting out of hand. I pride myself on being strict, I will sanction and punish misbehaviour, I will shout at students/ the class if needed, i give a lot of detentions and a lot of my students are on behaviour monitoring reports. I will also place naughty students in isolation booths where they sit in a tiny pod with walls all round. They do their work and they do not get their lunch or breaks. They have time to eat and use the toilet but they must stay in the isolation room. All the students hate me. They all think I’m mean. Do any other teachers struggle with bad behaviour?

Favorite Answer

Why don't you just throw them in the torture chamber? IT'S THE CHOKEY FOR YOU!!

badly behaving kids,put 10 mds ten rebbies ten schrool psyhologists ten social workers in a padded room,,they will come to blows before agreeing on what to do with young 'IwannacosIcan's,poor impulse control,walk around laugh,throw spitballs,poor writing poor reading,all,,,,,,,,,,, poorpoorpoorpoor some act out because there are never consequences for their actions,,,,,some may at times show ability,inconsistent in showing it,,,,lazy,some come from cultures that promote hostile behavior.

no one on the net offers some effective means to deal with bad behaving children,a million of them make the claim,obviously at considerable cost.

either get a job at a private school where discipline weeds out those who do not cooperate,,or change occupations,,any decision or punishment you make,means nothing because the principal forbids it,

I wish I could be more like you. I am too easy on them. I am seen as a nice teacher.

I have actually given up on primary and secondary. I am now aiming to teach at the university level. The students are well behaved and listen.

• joanna5 months agoReport

Yes I have been teaching for many many years, so I have the old fashioned strict approach. You should look into some behavioural courses such as challenging behaviour courses and book yourself onto them. They may help you become abit firmer and deal with the bad behaviour easier

Good grief! Musrn t be boribg to those kids not bzkbg pubished

.............................

Absolutely many teachers struggle with misbehaviour. One approach may work better with one class but not as well with another. Some students you can scare into behaving and others not so much. Just be persistent and be crazier then the kids.

They're probably so bad because you're so strict.

Isolation pods! There should be more of them.

Oh what nonsense. Go away, troll.

I couldn’t stand being a professional compulsory indoctrinator for a legal monopoly of violence and fraud.

Don’t you have any mind or soul? Don’t you have any independent thoughts? Is all you think about obeying authority?

• Tavy

You are NOT a Teacher, at this time just before 9 am in the UK you would be in school not writing nonsense on an answer site.