My boss saw one of my emails that was about interviewing at another job?

I've been looking for a new job but I haven't told my boss yet and today we were sending documents back and forth and he came over to see if I had gotten his email and he saw where I had been applying to other jobs. He didn't say anything. Do you think he's mad? I guess shouldn't have used my work email address to apply to new jobs.

yea, you thing?

"I guess shouldn't have used my work email address to apply to new jobs." exactly!

I bet he is a lot more angry about your stealing company time than using the company's computer for personal stuff. Many businesses allow it during lunch but when you are being paid to work and you are goofing off doing your own thing - don't be surprised if he calls the police on you and has you charged with theft and, of course, fires you. Most employers are doing it these days. They are fed up with people like you.

Very stupid on your part. But if he did not say anything, don't worry about it.

Not very bright! He could just decide to write you up or may fire you for using business time and the company computer for your personal search.

• Stoo

Don't use your work email for job applications, full stop. They have all rights to see what you're up to on that.

Depends on how much he values you as an employee. Depending on what type of job it is, he may have stacks of potential employees that he can call and hire. Haha you can’t lie, that’s kind of funny though lol.