Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

Is it normal to feel this way?

I am 23 years old and will be 24 in a few months. I feel like I’m supposed to have accomplished so much more by now with friends already married with kids and have careers lined up and The only thing I have accomplished is getting my bachelor’s and master’s degree. I just graduated in May and I feel like I should have a job lined up and be more on my feet. I also have a chronic illness which I have spent the last 7 years trying to get under control and I feel like that has set me back too and being that it is debilitating, I feel like it has made me rely on my family to take care of me too much. Is 24 still considered young? Is it normal to feel this way?

Why are you comparing yourself to everyone else? I don't think getting married and having kids is some huge accomplishment. Getting your college degrees are accomplishments.

Anyone can get married and have kids.

Yes 24 is young. You have a lifetime to live... so live it! take care

• Jerry

You're judging yourself by what others have done or accomplished. Why? What you've done is pretty damn good, a bachelors and an advanced degree, and at 24...life is just beginning for you. Be objective and don't fall for the BS pop culture makes you think you "need." Congrats!

• Alan H

You are emphatically young enough to build a worthwhile life

Go for it

It definitely is normal to feel the way you do and yes 24 is still young. Congratulations on getting 2 degrees by 24! That's huge and takes a lot of work and commitment. I didnt meet my husband until 24 and didnt finish my masters degree until 27. You're doing just fine for your age.