Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

Is it normal to feel this way?

I am 23 years old and will be 24 in a few months. I feel like I’m supposed to have accomplished so much more by now with friends already married with kids and have careers lined up and The only thing I have accomplished is getting my bachelor’s and master’s degree. I just graduated in May and I feel like I should have a job lined up and be more on my feet. I also have a chronic illness which I have spent the last 7 years trying to get under control and I feel like that has set me back too and being that it is debilitating, I feel like it has made me rely on my family to take care of me too much. Is 24 still considered young? Is it normal to feel this way?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Why are you comparing yourself to everyone else? I don't think getting married and having kids is some huge accomplishment. Getting your college degrees are accomplishments.

Anyone can get married and have kids.

Yes 24 is young. You have a lifetime to live... so live it! take care

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You're judging yourself by what others have done or accomplished. Why? What you've done is pretty damn good, a bachelors and an advanced degree, and at 24...life is just beginning for you. Be objective and don't fall for the BS pop culture makes you think you "need." Congrats!

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You are emphatically young enough to build a worthwhile life

Go for it

• 5 months ago

It definitely is normal to feel the way you do and yes 24 is still young. Congratulations on getting 2 degrees by 24! That's huge and takes a lot of work and commitment. I didnt meet my husband until 24 and didnt finish my masters degree until 27. You're doing just fine for your age.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.