Anonymous

Jobs desperate for workers why do they keep rejecting me?

Currently an ALDI's grocery store is hiring in my area for a stocking position. I sent my application along with an updated resume/CV, and just a few hours after I applied, they sent me a rejection email saying they decided to "pursue other candidates". The position is NOT even filled yet. The store is still hiring for that position!

I NEED a job! I'm interested. Why did they reject me? I'm 26 years old, graduated from high school, even have a bachelors degree.

On the application, I said I am available to work all 7 days of the week, for any shift/hours, and for any pay rate. Why was I not the right candidate? How can I be? I'm seriously desperate here!

Maybe they think that your bachelors degree means that you're looking for something in your field and will quit as soon as you find it.

Maybe they're afraid that the fact that you aren't seeking a job related to your degree means that you have an attitude problem or some other trait that wouldn't go over well in their workplace.

Maybe there's something on your resume which is scaring them off, such as job hopping, or long periods of time that are unaccounted for, or a bunch of spelling and grammatical errors.

Maybe they don't care about your degree at all and simply want someone with relevant work experience.

Maybe they've already decided who they intend to hire but have to leave the job posting open for a specific amount of time due to some company policy or government ordinance.

You probably smell or they don’t like the fact that you wear your underwear on the outside of your pants.

Being over qualified is not true.my brother has a bachelors degree in management and works at chick fil a as a dishwasher.could be they chose someone else with experience in restocking or retail.There is a lot of people who has degrees that works in entry level jobs.just keep applying.only time u will be over qualified is if you ask for way more money than what they want to give.

• Casey Y

One counter-example does not discredit the overqualified argument...

Yes, you need a job. However their posting, if it's like everywhere else, gets between 200 and 300 applications. You're up against the numbers, only one person will be hired.

• Tavy

You are over qualified. they presume you will just stay there until you find something better, sorry to say.

UK

• Tavy

If you have studied for a degree then surely you want to use that education to have a long term career paying good money. If your long term goal is to stack shelves until you retire then there was no point in doing it.

• Judy

Have someone look at your resume to see if they see any problems with it.

Have your resume proof read. They should not see your age or excess education and there needs to be no spelling or grammar errors. They know what they have in mind for employees so anything that shows you as other is reason for rejection. Too old and too educated if they are looking for 18 and no college means you aren't right for the job.

A CV shouldn't ever be used instead of a resume it would be out of place, way too much education for low paid work.

• Tavy

A Resume is an American term for a British CV. They are both the same.

Bachelors degree...

They don't want to train you just so that you can leave when you find a better job. They want people who will continue to work there...

• kelvin

you might be a little over qualified for that job

• Henry

See. Look at this ****. Jobs are silly and stupid. Entrepreneur, I always say.