Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 5 months ago

What causes mild jaundice with few other symptoms?

I’m a 21 year old Male with no history of obesity or alcohol abuse.

I went to a doctor to get a routine blood test as I do every 6 months and my results came back with elevated bilirubin. Everything else was normal but I had to get a liver function blood test and urine test, that was 6 weeks ago and haven’t heard back since on my results.

I have very milf jaundice only affecting my eyes which kinda gets worse and better but never extreme. I have slight discomfort under my right ribs but no pain, itchyness or swelling.

Considering they haven’t called immediately it can’t be that bad so what could cause something like this?

• Cammie

Call your doctor. Don't wait for things to get worse.

Liver infection or gallstones

Have you considered using a liver detox? If the condition involves a bile duct blockage it may require surgery to correct it. You should call your doctors office to find out the results. If they called and you missed their call they won't usually leave a voice mail and there is no guarantee that they would make a follow-up call. 6 weeks is way too long. The test is relatively quick. If you've ever had a CT scan or MRI with contrast dye they do it just before they do the scans.

You could have hepatitis. Did they run test for that?

• Sal*UK

Inflamed liver or obstructed bile duct possiby.

• Fuhr

You most likely have Baconitis. The only cure is to watch a marathon of Kevin Bacon movies.

Source(s): Dr. Yahoo