what do you think of naming twin girls... Tamera and Camera and calling them Tami and Cami?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Don't have children until you are considerably more mature. Don't do such a thing to 2 innocent children. Naming children should not be like choosing nail polish or lipstick.

• 7 months ago

Um I think its kind of cute, the only change I would make is add an extra "M" especially for Camera. That or use "Kamera" instead of "Camera". Wheher it's with a K or C or two Ms they'll have a lifetime of jokes coming their way.

• 7 months ago

If you want them to be thought of as one being I.e TameraandCamera or CameraandTamera, then by all means name your twin girls that! You can deal with the years of therapy they will be in because of you trying to be cute with their names and because you wanted cute knicknames. I am the father of twin boys. My wife and I want each of them to be their own person with their own identity. Our sons names are different AND we still have cute knicknames for them. I implore you to show some forward thinking and reconsider your plans. I also wish you the very best of luck!

• keerok
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Suggestions:

You can name them Elizabeth and Consolacion and still have their nicknames Tami and Cami just because nicknames can have no explanations whatsoever.

If you're into themes then Tamera and Olive (Tami and Ollie), both palm trees, or Polaroid and Kodak (Polly and Cody), photography. :)

Now, if you really insist on it, Tamera and Kamara. Still the same thing but more archaic. Just beware. The names you give to your kids has a way of sticking, somehow. As a teacher, I've known a bunch of John Paul's, all named after the pope. They were all quite the opposite of their namesake. I had a student named Einstein who was always first from the bottom in ranking. I named my first son Vernon since it had a nice ring when paired with my lastname. I looked up the meaning of it and it said springlike or full of life. He was later diagnosed with autism. My second son, I named Voltaire, supposedly after Voltes V. He turned out to be witty like his namesake (Arouet's pen name), the revolutionary French philosopher who introduced to the world the modern concepts of freedom we now get to enjoy. He's so smart (my son) he got bored in college so he took a leave (not a smart move).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I wish new parents who try to be creative would consider more than their own amusement. What will grown-up Camera think of this?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Camera 📷 ? This has to be a joke !

Kodak & Camera 📷

• keerok
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Betterer!

• helene
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Camera? You can't be serious. That is a horrible name.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

"Camera" means "room". Why not name her "Chair"?

• 7 months ago

Idiotic

Fifteen characters.

• Jose
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

I'm sorry, but I don't like either at all. Especially paired together.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.