Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 5 months ago

Have you ever met someone so negative that it makes you hate them?

• JonZ
    Favorite Answer

OMG, YES!! She drains the life out of you if you listen to her complaining and self-pitying for too long!!

Negativity is usually a reaction to repeated trauma. Some people have just been so damaged and hurt repeatedly by life experiences without any interludes in between that they can’t recover, are conditioned to think everything is going to be bad. It’s also been proven it’s harder for older people to suppress the memory of traumatic experiences than younger people so they tend not to have the same resilience and ability to bounce back. They may be aware they’re running out of time. Can’t start over. Threats lurking around every corner and they lose their joy in life and their optimism. So the negativity is almost a defense mechanism for them to avoid getting hurt further. It’s like ‘ugly’ scar tissue that forms over a bad psychic wound. Such people sometimes can’t help themselves. Even therapists will give up on them. Family members and their children sometimes abandon them, not wanting to be around the negativity. So they feel like they’ve failed their own kids which makes it 10x worse.

• JonZ

Some people just create their own problems because they need attention 24/7.

• .

Yes, me...................

You mean poor communicators.

• Joe

Not hate. I just gotta avoid them. Their negativity feels like poison ivy.

I have met many people like that, I don't hate them I just understand them.

• Not hate maybe dislike, but I seem to get along pretty good with most people

I have but I met more people who are so positive its annoying.

I don't hate people who are really negative. But I do try to avoid them, not to be around them.

• 5 months agoReport

It's really hard to do that. When that person is in your family and they are always muttering negative things about yourself. Though it's annoying because no matter how you try to prove them wrong or tell them about themselves they see nothing wrong with themselves for doing so. Or not themselves

Lots of people, of course

• 5 months agoReport

Sure dan. Talk to patty about it.