How often is normal to apply deodorant?

My deodrsnt is advertised as 24 hr wear but I always have to apply every 45 mins/hour. Even if I apply it straight when I get out of the shower. I can’t use anti-perspirant because I’m allergic to aluminum, and every natural deodorant that I’ve tried wears off very quickly. Is that normal?

Favorite Answer

Did you try the clinical strength Dri-Idea. I am not sure whether or not it has Aluminum BUT have you tried YouTube DIY Natural Deodorant. You can add a few drops of 100 percent TEA TREE OIL ( helps with infections and keep away odor) mixed with Cornstarch, baking soda bees wax melted to mix with it, Note you have to put less baking soda in the mixture ( never equal parts with Cornstarch) because it can irritate your arm pits. also save the old deodorant containers to pour in the new natural deodorant, The bees wax will keep it from melting, It also molds quickly into a solid in the deodorant container, Its a simple recipe and cost effective that works. I just wanted you to get a jist of what to look for when you search YouTube.

• Ky5 months agoReport

Thank you I will try that

You should see a dermatologist about this. They will be able to prescribe you something.

whenever its needed. I use it 2-3 times a day

okay that is true

I apply deodrant 4 times a day, when I wake up, when I get to work and when I leave work. Have you tired using a roll on then deodrant? Or using talcum power? Or babywipes to freshen up then your deodrant? Maybe try changing your clothes halfway through the day.

rarely wear it unless I am going out

I apply deodorant at night before sleep and in the morning before I leave the house, and it's always worked for me

• Eva

It is not normal to apply every hour. Find an alum based (it's not aluminum) based anti-perspirant.

• Ky5 months agoReport

Alum contains aluminum.

• Speed

Every 45 minutes is ridiculous. There are many deodorants made without aluminum. You need to try some until you find one that gives your normal protection for a day, which is how often most of us apply it.

Brands that make a deodorant without aluminum include Soft & Dry, Arm & Hammer, Nivea, and Dove.

• Ky5 months agoReport

I have tried all of those and no, none of them stay on for longer than an hour.

Of course in a population that is not "normal" it might be normal for you.

• Mark

It depends on what you're doing, but 6 hours is about average. Have you tried baking soda, or are you allergic to that, too?

• Ky5 months agoReport

I haven’t but every deodorant that I’ve found with baking soda also has aluminum. I dont think I’m allergic to baking soda.