I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years but my parents still haven't truly warmed up to him because he has several kids from other women.?

is mother's intution always right? My mom thinks something is off about him and she's never liked him. every time he's over the house i can tell she feels forced to talk to him. My dad doesn't really like him either. my mom however said it's something not right about him aside from the fact that he has 3 kids by two women. he is living with his grandmother and mom and he just enrolled in school for pharmacist tech She said its something else she can't put her finger on. he is 35. I'm 27. there used to be a time where he refused to be out at night because he was afraid of thugs shooting him but he isn't so weary of being out at night anymore. my mom told me " you don't want to wake up and regret wasting your life with him but i'm afraid that's exactly what's going to happen. you deserve better and im not just saying that because im your mother."

it's crazy my mom said she thinks something is wrong with him because I didn't even tell her how controlling he is and how he gets mad about little things a lot. I chose not to tell her because I don't want her opinion swayed based on what i'm saying. I want everybody to form their own individual opinion of him

Favorite Answer

I'd listen to their concerns.

Lots of red flags in this guy.

He has several kids from other women. I understand having a kid, but several? with other women? He's 35, how doesn't he know to use condoms?

He is living w his grandmother and mom. HE IS 35. Unless his mom and grandmother require assistance and he's helping I don't see why a fully grown up man is living w relatives instead having his own place.

"here used to be a time where he refused to be out at night because he was afraid of thugs shooting" mental health issues?

I don't know. Personally I'd feel like your mom too. This guy sounds like bad news. You are very young for this level of drama. He was 31 and you were 23 when you started dating. You are commiting to a life where even your kids (if you have then) we'll have to share your partner's money, time, resources. Too much drama.

I am a parent. I can tell right off the bat if one of my children's love interest is a good match or not. I am always right. And, yes, it is a parent's intuition.

You do not see what your parents see. He is a loser. He lives with his grandmother and his mother. He cannot even support himself, so how on earth is he supporting three kids? He probably isn't. He has anger and control issues and you know it. This guy is bad for you but you are too stubborn and refuse to let your parents be right about this guy. But, you will suffer those consequences because one day you are going to wake the ef up and see this guy for who he really is. Until then, stay in denial.

• Common Sense

Also, you have spent FOUR YEARS with this guy and no signs of a future with him. RED FLAG. This guy is going no where fast. You met him when you were younger and now you have four more years under your belt. WISE UP. Please.

Listen to your mom.

• tammy

Sounds like your headed to be number 3.

And you don't think something is off? He sounds like a huge loser to me.

Your Mums right. He's unreliable, slightly kinky, untrustworthy and a sponger. Get rid before its too late.

If you want to end up looking a mug, then your going the right way about it. Get rid of him.

You keep posting this without ever asking a question.

If it is true that he controls you, why are you with him?

I'd worry less about my mother and more about my bf.

• Kelly

I wouldn't warm up to him either. In his 30's, 3 kids, not self supporting, sponging off grandma.

Your parents will notice people who are bad for you long before you will, if for no other reason than you don't want to so you have those blinders on. Everyone my mom thought was bad for me, she was right and I notice the same thing with my kids.

Your knows what's off with him.. he's a loser.

Dump him. Parents don't say shiit like that without valid reason. Children all over the place. Why burden yourself with his baggage?

What is your question? You didn't actually ask one.

Are you under the impression your parents are obligated to like him? They aren't. They should be civil/polite. That's all that's required.