Anonymous

How long does it normally take to receive a performance bonus?

I am a GM at a well known chain restaurant, I got word of making bonus about 6 weeks ago. My district manager said hopefully you will see it in Julys paycheck. But Im not sure if 6+ weeks is normal?

• Jay

Usually 'with your last paycheck of the year' - is 'normal'

Way back when I ran a pizza hut, we got both weekly sales bonuses and quarterly profit bonuses. The weekly might have had a 1 week delay. Not sure on the quarterly but it was not 6 weeks I don't think.

But, its not like you can get them to speed up their practices as bonuses are extra.

When I got my first raise, I did not see it on my next 2 paychecks so I mentioned it and my boss said he totally forgot and the raise and back pay would be on my next paycheck and it was. (We got paid every 2 weeks)

We had managers meetings every 2 weeks. If you have those you could ask other managers who have been there longer than you.

• Judy

not unsual...................

this really depends on the employer, but if your business is well-known and over the place, chances are that you have tons of people working for the corporation as a whole and you're not the only employee getting a bonus, meaning, yes, 6 weeks for the amount of work that payroll has to do is ample time. i work for a smaller company, so i will get word about my bonus and get it about 2 weeks later. the bigger the company, the longer the bonuses take to calculate and cut.

Typically, if you have a performance bonus there is specific rules about the plan. When you were hired or promoted, you would have been told all about the plan and what it takes to get the bonus, etc.

You should ask your DM what about the performance plan details.

If it's an annual plan, it's not uncommon to wait 4 months for payout.

Employers can structure their bonuses however they see fit, so whether or not it's normal is irrelevant. This is how your employer does it.

Seriously? Why don't you know enough to ask questions to your employer?? We strangers don't know the internal rules and or ways of your job. Good grief, get a clue!