would you think of me as obese?

i'm a 5'5'' woman who weighs 206 pounds

Update:

yes i have started to try and lose weight, i don't like being a fatty

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Obese no but overweight or fat yes. I am 5'5 and 158lbs and I am overweight - I have lost 28lbs

• 5 months ago

I would use the term obese. Your BMI is around 34 which is in the obese category but I do not use the term fat.

• 5 months ago

Yes. You are obese according to most measures. Your BMI is 34.28 -- any BMI between 30 and 34.99 is obese. In fact, 35 and above is morbidly obesity. Being obese dramatically increases your risk of heart attack, kidney and liver disease, arthritis, cancer, and Alzheimer's.

Getting your weight to 150 will put your BMI at 24.96 which will not only make you look and feel better, it will improve your long-term health.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yup. It sure does.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You ARE obese. At 5'5" your target weight is 130lbs, plus or minus 10lbs. You are obese if you weight 50lbs or more than your target weight.. Even at the high end of healthy, you'd have to be under 190lbs to NOT be considered obese.

You need to lose a minimum of 50lbs..

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Of course yes. Take time and loose that fat. Reduce 500 calories from your diet, sleep more, consume more protein, intense workout and meditate. If you consume over 2,700 calories, you can reduce your intake by 1,000 calories. But don't consume less than 1,300 calories.

• 5 months ago

Yes, most people would think that.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Sorry, yes.........

• 5 months ago

Yes, you should be around 125-140 so more than 20% over. We are getting used to seeing overweight people so you may not be heavier than friends yet still be too heavy for health.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, your BMI is 34, that's pretty high, got to lose some weight.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.