Seniors' do you distrust politicians, simply because over the years you have learned that they are nothing more than dressed up salesmen?

• PAMELA

I have never trusted a politician, never, they are taught to lie just to get elected and they never answer any question you ask them,

• 38lsb

It became apparent in the Johnson administration that politicians were nothing more than employees of big business whose job was to sell the scam to the people.

• Peggy

When they've lost my trust I never trust them again but I could say the same about anyone, they don't have to be a politician for me to feel that way.

• Tj

Dressed up thieves, out for themselves.

• A C

That about sums it up. Obviously, there are a few good ones but how are we supposed to figure out which ones they are?

I don't distrust ALL politicians. Mostly because I have learned to look into what they say or do and what is claimed that they say or do. I tend to distrust Republicans more than Democrats and I used to be a Republican.

No. I see them as ordinary people that chose a profession in life. But because of the way the world runs, they usually wind up being blamed for things they can't control. Harry S. Truman became a politician because he found that he could better help the citizens of his state, Missouri, by being one even though he hated politics. My wife was a politician back in the mid 80 and hated it as well. But she wanted to be in a position to help others. Don't paint all politicians with the same brush because of the bad ones. There are more good politicians wanting to do good for the common people than there are bad ones. It's the good ones that keeps the country running on track.I have seen it first hand and know!

• Piero

I've been around political campaigns since the McGovern presidential bid. I've met a lot of politicians. Their job is not to represent you. Their job is to get reelected. Your $5 means nothing. Monsanto's $1 million does. A few cheap TV ads will get your vote, but he must make Monsanto happy if he's going to get reelected. Your memory is short. The oil lobby pays for his TV ads. I've totally lost faith in our population's ability to think for itself. You got what you deserve.

No, I've lived through honest well meaning politicians in office, although they were vastly outnumbered by people who would conduct polls to find out what positions would please the people and get their vote. Some persons of character have served during my lifetime, among them FDR, Eisenhower and Jimmy Carter. These were men of character who followed their vision of what was good for the people of this country. FDR saved a bankrupt nation and built the middle class. Carter, was a fiscal disaster but a good and honest man. Sorry I can only name so few.

• Piero

You had to try pretty hard to come up with three over 80 or 90 years. I liked Teddy Roosevelt and his anti monopoly and pro ecology policies. That makes 4

No, because they have been caught repeatedly lying for votes. That is one reason we have been waiting for a non-politician to run, even though they could lie as well, it at least gives us some hope that they won't.