Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 5 months ago

I dont want to ever become conservative/republican when i get older?!! Help me!?

Ive been hearing of people getting more conservative when they get older because of stuff like family and taxes. I dont know if i wanna have kids yet and im not close minded to think my taxes only support welfare when it goes to other things too! How to i survive the conservatism when i get older?!

My father is old and he make AOC look like a member of the Tea Party Caucus. So this doesn't happen to everyone.

Actually, I'm older and I am closer to Bernie Sanders than to any conservative because our society has morphed into corporatism--a quasi-capitalist system (the so-called free markets eats itself and becomes corporatism) where the large corporate elites and their institutions rule society against the interests of the 99%. What will most likely happen is that the old liberal/conservative dichotomy will not be around when you are older given the current rate of change UNLESS the definitions change. If so, it is merely a branding issue. Some political economists believe we are in the early stages of a new system which will likely utilize Artificial Intelligence and incorporates many of the ideas of the Cleveland Model which decentralizes power, democratizes wealth, promotes full inclusion, and establishes environmental sustainability applied at a local level, as a sort of trickle up economy. That which cannot be addressed at a local level alone will be bumped up to a regional, national, perhaps, international level (called subsidiarity).

Here is a link to hopefully perk your interest:

https://thenextsystem.org/

Well then don’t be one you idiot, god what kind of blithering idiot are you

Getting a government job will keep you as a liberal.

Nobody seems to be pure this or that. Seems to me there are plenty of conservatives with maybe a tad of liberal in them and liberals (comme moi) with a smidgen or two of conservative in them. There are no absolutes in life. ‘Everything is relative’ as Einstein might have said. Just ‘be’. You don’t have to lock yourself into a category. Be complex and inscrutable. Like Bob Dylan. Don’t be easy to pin down.

you just need to learn to accept it and that theres nothing you can do about it

Some do, some don't. My mom (upper 60s) certainly hasn't.

Just keep your head up your anus.

Life is about learning. "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

• Kevin5 months agoReport

Bullshit quote from a genocidal maniac

By commiting suicide.