Greatest metal band ever?

Metallica OF COURSE

Metallica is considered to the the greatest Metal band of all time, which I agree with. Metallica and Pantera are tied as my favorites and in my opinion, they are the best.

• Glen W

When looking at consistency, and longevity there are a few, of course some will say this band or that band doesn't belong, but too bad. When the genre was being defined these bands were included:

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Saxon

AC/DC

Motorhead

Guess which band above has released the most albums and remains most active.

If you take exception of me including AC/DC, then you will also have to leave out Motorhead. Remember, Lemmy always insisted his was a rock-n-roll band.

Demon. Listen to their The Unexpected Guest album.

I would say either Black Sabbath or Deep purple. They lit the spark!

• mars

Racer-X........

Saxon...........

METALLICA!! Then again, I'm kinda partial--I went to high school with Jason Newsted.

Agalloch (15 Agallocharacters).

• Andrew

MERCYFUL FATE.

Close second, King Diamond.

After that, I'd go Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden to round out the Top 5.

After that, it'd be up for debate, but those five stand fast and firm.