Husky asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 4 months ago

Are there any 4k TV's that support AV component/composite cables?

I'm planning on buying older PlayStation and Nintendo consoles, and I wanted to know if there's a good 4k tv that could support it's format. If not, are there any other high quality TV's that would be good for it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • peter
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

most tvs can do that, ask your retailer and check the tech specs before you buy.

• 4 months ago

Get a converter.

Search for "AV2HDMI".

Be careful about the exact labelling ---

there are also "HDMI2AV" converters,

which do the opposite of what you want.

• khalil
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

pardon me ... think about HDMI ... new technology

they are ANALOG videos

there are converters for using them but the quality will not be as top as hdmi

• 4 months ago

If the TV does not have composite or component input just buy a composite/component video to HDMI adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Composite-Converter-A...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Newer TVs without the yellow video input, use the green connector on the component input and leave the red and blue video inputs empty, plug in the red and white rca cables to the corresponding colored audio input jacks on the same channel as the yellow video cable plugged into the green jack on.

I have yet to see a tv without component inputs. I was just at Best Buy a week ago, and even their new 80” Samsung 8k QLED tv has them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.