Blackjack: Should I hit or stand on this hand?

• Erik

Always hit a weak hand against an ace. If you stand, the ONLY way you win is if the dealer busts. And the odds of the dealer busting in that situation is low. Almost half the cards he could turn over ends the hand right there. You have a losing hand, but if you hit, you will lose less.

I hit ( punch) the dealer

Yes go ahead and hit

You have 16 & the dealer has an ace showing - you hit. You would only stand pat if the dealer has a 6 or less. A 16 is almost always a sure fire loser.

• I want MOAR5 months agoReport

but it's a 16 made up of 4 cards. if the dealer had a 10 basic strategy says you should stick. single deck blackjack btw..

http://www.beatingbonuses.com/bjstrategy.php?decks2=1&h17=stand&doubleon2=9to11&peek2=off&surrender2=no&charlie2=no&resplits2=0&shuffle=0&bj=3to2&opt2=1&btn2=Generate+Strategy

you are almost certainly going to lose the hand either way. there is probably no good advice to be had. especially since you say its single deck. single deck, you know where 5 of the 20 cards that won't bust you are, you don't know where any of the 36 cards that will beat you immediately if you stand are... so i'll say it doesn't matter and you've already spent too long thinking about it. assume the next card is a 10.

• Wire and String

and even if you do survive it you still aren't that likely to take the hand unless you draw a 5 (he's got about a 35% chance to get 21 next card after all) of which there are only 3 left in the deck. so the mathematically correct thing is probably to stand, but like i say, the next card is a 10.

• marty

I always hit on 16

• Brian

I am a risk taker, so I'd hit.

• LegFuJohnson

If hitting is the right play, wouldn't standing be riskier?

Link here. Genuine question btw

https://imgur.com/a/rgrVraf

Edit: just in case anyone doesn't know, if the dealer had a 10 you would want to stand here. You can see from your own hand 4 low number cards are out of the deck.

Hit! You have an Ace showing, for the love of all good things.