Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 6 months ago

Is money the root of all evil?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Queen Bry is right, although I wish she had elaborated. One of your answerers corrected the quote which is often misquoted as you have done. It's "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil," and that's wrong too. Many things contribute to evil in life. All of them deal with the fact that we are not a completely logical species. Personally, I thank God for that! We would be indistinguishable from computers if we were. There's a place for passion and beauty in the world, and it takes emotion to see or feel it. However, those same emotions motivate hate, anger, resentment, jealousy, revenge, avarice, and other evil which doesn't readily come to mind. So, while it's convenient to blame money as the root of all evil, it's nonsense.

• 3 months ago

depends on your attitude 

• 3 months ago

Depends on how you spend you handle money. Definitely NO for me.

• 4 months ago

yes, because it makes a person too greedy and desires for more power.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Like any other tool in the wrong hands it can do a lot of damage. A hammer can either be used to drive a nail into a piece of wood or to bash somebody’s brains out. It’s all about the user

• 6 months ago

Money is the root of some evil

• 6 months ago

deriving pleasure from suffering is the root of evil.

• 6 months ago

Yes.................

• A C
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

love of money

• P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No but it's one root true evil works through

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Money is evil. It's not the root of all evil (in my opinion), because people did terrible things before money was invented. The way that our Capitalist system is set up puts many people in terrible circumstances, and extremely rich people hoard quite a bit of money while others around the world starve, and many corporations treat third world farmers terribly, and use them for their hard work, and pay them barely anything just so we can eat bananas, cocoa, and mangoes (for example).. So, money, and the system, leads people to do terrible things for the sake of more profit, and/or greed.

• A C
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

the love of money is

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.