Kay asked in SportsOther - Sports · 5 months ago

What sport can I start at 16?

so I did swim for 5 years and quit and did vball for 2 years and quit. but my parents are forcing me to begin a sport to stay fit. they say I should do vball again but I feel like every sport is too late bc I'm 16 and about to be a junior. anyways I'm 5'4, most of my muscle comes from my legs & they're kinda long for my height ig. what sports would fit my body type?

You should try basketball or soccer

Pretty much any of them but you probably won’t get a scholarship to college in anything. But you can do whatever you want for fun.

Basketball (I'm serious). Strong legs are EXTREMELY beneficial for basketball, so you'd make a killing

• Toruko

Mine. I explored underwater reef caves in Oceania. While paid to fly there

on 18 month contracts. Open water certification was by the US Army Corps

of Engineers. Also did caves on Australia and N. America. I began exploring

while in high school with a California organization based in the San Francisco

Bay Area. They tended to do lava and limestone caves within their state. But

I mostly did those in Central California. Have since visited 30 states seeking

various speleological activities. Learned Grade 5 & 6 Cartography. Which

helped map miles of cave under Montana. Entry required 80 feet of vertical

rappel and prusik. Most of my training was free. Learned mountaineering.

To do block-creep caving, glacier caves, talus exploration, etc.. I taught

Canadian Indians to climb in British Columbia as a senior citizen. To get

started see youth activities at nss@caves.org and a suggested retailer is

onrope1.com .

Honestly, I'd choose water polo, swimming, and/or track.

any sport you want to do

• oikoσ

Oh, you poor old lady! I was 24 when I took up fencing and in my 30s when I started judo. The latter never developed into anything but I am rated as a professional fencer. That sounds a lot more impressive than it is. According to AFLA rules, anyone who has been paid in connection with ANY sport is considered a professional fencer. I just happen to be in the minority, professional fencers who have ever fenced.

In short. take up whatever sport interests you. If you want one that fits your body type (not the way that I would pick a sport but then I'm not you), try track or soccer.

• oikoσ

And a kid in my neighborhood was abnormally short because of an endocrine problem. He hustled, though, and was quite a good basketball player, stealing the ball more often than anyone else could.