Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 5 months ago

SCINCE MOST HOLIDAYS ARE NOT BASED ON BIBLE TEACHING WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE OTHERS A HARD TIME FOR NOT CELEBRATING THEM?

There is no law that everyone need to celebrate a holiday.

Plus it is expensive, stressful and time consuming.

You can make your own decisions weather you want to follow traditions or not. You can also show kindness and give gifts any time of year, That should not be dictated to you....

Plus if you research deeply, many of the Holidays come from pagan rituals and things that God would not approve of.

Even though we have the Free Will to choose, it sure looks like people are just following everyone else not caring about why they do it. It like they are brainwashed.....

People don't celebrate holidays, they celebrate days off.

I don't know in your place, but in mine, most are religiously based (either biblical or neo-pagan Christian, but still religious).

The remainings are war-related, national days aiming for nation-building, or whatever.

But who cares, a day off is a day off.

You can go cycling, fishing, lie in... that's up to you

And above all, it's a break in the weekly seven-day routine.

• Cowboy

Your premise is false, although it might be locally true.

Where do you get this stuff? The Bible has nothing to do with it. Nobody I know expends any effort telling others they should celebrate all holidays.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

This World is like a Cult....We do live in a brainwashed society that is why people can’t see or understand the simple truths of what your asking.

You do not have to celebrate holidays, bottom line...

It’s not a requirement for anything. Your not missing out on anything if you don’t participate.

Many do come from pagan rituals.

People sugar coat everything....it doesn’t mean that God doesn’t care how you live and what you do.

You could try Kwanza?

The birth of Christ is not pagan. The resurrection of Christ is not pagan.

Nobody cares that you jdubs don't celebrate holidays.

Why do you jdubs constantly make up crap to whine about?

It is YOU who give people a hard time for celebrating holidays.

Seriously, most people don't give you or your cult a second thought.

Grow the hell up.

Surprise surprise, another religious nut bag knows what god approves and disapproves of.

I'm sure it totally conflicts with what everyone else has to say about it too.

I have never had anyone give me a "hard time" about not celebrating any particular holiday.

My mother would certainly be disappointed if I skip family gatherings, but that's because she likes to have the family together from time to time, not because she's attached to celebrating any particular holiday.

OK. Once again. If a God is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent then there cannot be such a thing as Free Will.

If there is such a thing as Free Will, then a god cannot be Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent and thus cannot be a god at all.

One or the other must be true, either there is a god who controls EVERY aspect of your life, or YOU are in control and no gods exist.

I see both the comments below have logic issue.

God can be Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent and still not interfere.

Climate Realist · 19 mins ago

No, if he is omniscient, then he knows what path you will chose before you do, thus you didn't chose that option but simply acted on a preprogrammed destiny.

@chi, no, my mother does not claim to be Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent your analogy is poor, she doesn't 'KNOW' she would merely surmise.

• ANDRE L

Yes, chi, if mom knew you'd take the last cookie, and could have stopped you but DIDN'T, then she IS responsible for that event to have taken place. Now, moms are real, god is not, and moms are NOT omniscient, while your claimed pixie is.