Ever been struck, or in a building struck by lightening?

I used to live in Florida. My house was stuck twice. The first hit the AC unit on the roof, and blew out the digital thermostat. The second hit my tree next to the house. The tree was damaged, and the flood lamp on the side of the house, near the tree exploded. Both times I felt the shock, like a really strong... show more I used to live in Florida. My house was stuck twice. The first hit the AC unit on the roof, and blew out the digital thermostat. The second hit my tree next to the house. The tree was damaged, and the flood lamp on the side of the house, near the tree exploded.

Both times I felt the shock, like a really strong head to toe tingle.
The entire house lit up. The sound shook the entire house like an earthquake.
Both times my 75 pound female Labrador was scared out of her mind. Both times she leaped into my lap trembling. The first time I was sitting in my recliner watching TV. The poor dog was timid for about two days. Normally she fears nothing. The second time I was seated at the kitchen table eating. She almost knocked the table over, and my meal ended up all over the floor.