Computer fell over now it’s running slow.?

Hello was moving some stuff around and knocked my computer tower down. It seemed fine but when i turned it on a stuff it is running super slow to wear i can’t even open adobe apps anymore. It boots up fine but just runs slow once i go to my main screen. I open it up and saw a cord hanging around that has p4 on it not sure if that’s the problem or not and not sure where to plug it back in if so. I have a dell optiplex 780.

Check the HDD has noise.. its there is noise in it kindly replace it

If you re using a platter-based hard disk drive (older, bulk storage, non-SSD), odds are you probably damaged the hard drive due to the g-force of the drop. Replacing the hard disk drive (and ultimately the operating system, as the data on the old hard drive may now be unreliable due to the damage) should resolve the issue.

The power cable you see in the case may or may not be related. Not all processors require the additional power connectors, and OEM PCs likely have extra power cables inside to allow for expansion, or simply because the power supply unit (PSU) has extra connectors for compatibility purposes.

.....................

you should probably fix the cord

take off any software you do not use and more scan your computer for a virus and spyware.

Operation system

Your video/graphics card might be damaged. I'd recommend taking it to a computer repair shop for any further questions or issues with it

Have a plant in the plant pot

• VP

My suggestion would be to leave the PC off until you have an experienced friend or relative check all of the connections inside your PC. There's no telling what's been loosened or unseated, and you need someone with past experience checking things out for you.

By the way, that P4 cable *may* be the CPU power cable that connects to your motherboard. But you should also ensure that your RAM is still seated properly, too.

Good luck!

You just answered your question.