AskZilla asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 6 months ago

Which brand of TV have you had good luck with since Sony isn't around any more?

Sony is still "around".

Panasonic is the good one that is giving up on TVs.

one I bought use in early 2ks. zenith space command ( crt) made in 1991,

80 bucks delivered with a used fridge,old is gold

What do you mean Sony isn’t around anymore? They are a prominent company and make a very good premium models.

That being said, I have LG’s OLED and love them, I would say Sony makes a great OLED as well. Sony also makes a good LED in the X900F and higher. However, below that they removed features to me doesn’t compare with others.

I do not like LG’s LED, the IPS panel just makes black levels terrible and contrast isn’t great.

Samsung is a great brand, however they removed features in their new 2019 line up that definitely shouldn’t have.

Last year, their 8000 series, Q6FN and Q7FN had edge lit local dimming, this year the Q70R has full array local dimming which is far superior but they removed local dimming in the other models below it. I also don’t like that they don’t support Dolby Vision HDR.

• AskZilla

But for some reason Sony is not anywhere near as popular as they used to be. Many stores don't even stock Sony TVs.