Is my boyfriend being manipulative?

He wanted to go out for dinner tonight and even though I didn't sleep last night nd drove 5 hours today, I said sure. However, instead of dinner at 5 he called and said it would have to be 7:30. I said i'm really sorry but I'm too tired to go out that late.

Then he proceeded to tell me i'm being selfish because I won't go out??? He said he needs a night out because he's having a bad day... and really wants to see me. But when I said okay just come over here then, he said no.

I feel like he's being manipulative because he's not getting what he wanted.... And in my opinion he's being selfish because he's not being considerate of me being tired....

• Juana

I don't see where he is being selfish in this. Not like he's asking you to sleep over just to have sex with you and leave. He wants to enjoy some one on one time with you over a nice dinner. He wants your company to ease his crappy day, you make him forget it, clearly. I'd be overjoyed that I can do that for someone.

Unfortunately it does sound like he is being a bit manipulative and selfish. Your boyfriend should be more considerate to your own feelings and what has gone on in your day. It's a two way street.

That's certainly what it sounds like, yeah.