Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

Does this cat look like a boy, or a girl to you?

This cat has been coming around my place a couple times a week, for a bite to eat. He/she is timid, & won't let me touch him/her, but the cat will let me feed him/her. I started calling the kitty *Robert", & that's what he, or she responds to. I've asked around my neighborhood if this cat belongs to anyone, but nobody knows where he/she comes from. Everybody just calls it Robert now, but for all we know it could be "Roberta". I have gotta a quick feel on the cat's belly, in an attempt to see if it is a nursing mama cat, but it's so fluffy that I only felt fur. Can you tell if a cat is male, or female by their facial features? This cat is very pretty. But it could still be a male, right?

Update on "Robert" She's a girl!!

Robert became good enough friends with me that she started allowing me to pet her, while she ate, then she'd nap on the porch. She started sticking her head in the door to look in, & eventually she came in. She is now friends with my cats too. We took her to the vet, & unfortunately she isn't chipped, BUT she IS SPAYED already. So she has to be someone's pet. I think she's a roamer tho as she leaves for days, then returns. Still calling her Robert.

• J C

No, not by facial features or "prettiness". If the cat has testicles, it's a boy. You need to take that cat in to a vet or shelter to have him/her scanned for a microchip, and to see if it's been reported missing. They will be able to tell you in an instant. A cat with long fur that is in that good of a condition is not a stray or feral cat, but someone's pet. Taking the cat to the shelter as a stray is really the right thing to do.

You're looking at the wrong end, honey.

Beautiful cat, but you can't tell by looking at the face!!! Anyway, the cat doesn't care that Robert is a male name. They respond to the name you give them & as long as you're feeding them, you can call them anything you want. IF you eventually discover that it's a female, changing the name to Roberta won't be a problem!!!

Suggestion, change the name to Bobbie & that way you're covered no matter the sex of the cat. IF it is a boy, you can spel it Bobby & IF it's a female you can spell it Bobbie. Both are pronounced the same way so the cat really won't care how you spell it!!!

I would guess a boy. It is too hairy

• Ocimom

Kinda hard to tell (as you said- the cat is longhair). But I would guess by face and size its a female. I would do my best to catch the cat and find out. If a female, you will have more then one cat soon!

For those who are saying you cannot tell by face, that is wrong. Most males (especially an unneutered male) will have a much wider looking head. I have a mother and son - the mom has a smaller round face and the son has a much wider head and he was neutered at 4 months old. So you can tell somewhat by the head. Its not a totally reliable way if you cannot get close to the cat or check the butt end but its a little helpful.

• PAMELA

You tell what sex it is by looking at it's private parts! it's face tells you nothing, look at it's rear end! one hole male, two holes female, also no balls on a female!

Um yeah you can't tell by looking at a cat's FACE. Does it have TESTICLES?

If you want to keep this cat take it to a vet and have it scanned for a chip. If it isn't chip then no one can claim it so get it chipped in your name, licensed in your name. Then get it spayed or neutered and keep it INDOORS where it belongs.

If someone comes looking for it - too bad. They obviously don't care much about it if they let it roam.

Just by looking at the face of the cat I'd say it's female.

Can't tell by the face.

Look under the tail. The girl's genital opening will be shaped like a slit and less than 1 inch below the anus, in an adult.

The boy's genital opening will be round and more than 1 inch below the anus.

If the cat lets you pet it, it will raise its tail automatically as your hand moves down the back toward it.

Sometimes you can tell by their face. If their face is bigger, it maybe a Male. Though I did have a female with a bigger head. Just never know.

He looks like a cute boy cat.

• ZotsRule

Well you have a 50/50 chance of being right, moron.