Should I Just Forget Him?

Met this guy online five days ago. We met in person two days later. We both agreed that we liked what we saw and wanted to see each other again. During our initial conversations, we agreed that we both wanted a relationship with the potential of marriage. Today he said was off work so I kind of expected him to call/text me throughout the day, but he didn't. He took forever to respond to my texts and when he did respond, his answers were either very short or one word.

I know it's still early, but I'm not used to this. How are we supposed to get to know each other if he won't communicate? I'm certainly not going to reach out to him about us meeting today because that would make me look stupid, but should I just count it as a loss and move on ?

• tony

You can't be the only one making an effort in your relationship; and you can't be giving more than he is. If you feel like it's a 60-40, a 70-30 or a 90-10 investment (your investment being the higher number), you need to walk away. A successful relationship requires a 50-50 investment, and the right guy will want to make that kind of investment.

• ?

That's the problem with online dating, after a while they'll gradually disappear and move on. It's still relatively early so just wait it out. I know it'll be hard but try not to concentrate on him and what he's doing so much, just go out and live your life. And if he reaches out, great... and if not, well you have your answer.